Benjamin E. Haithcock, MD
Associate Professor of Surgery and Anesthesiology
Surgical Director, UNC Lung Transplant Program;
Director, Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency Program
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
3040 Burnett-Womack Building, CB #7065
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7065
Appointments: (919) 966-3383
Office: (919) 966-3383
Fax: (919) 966-3475
Thoracic oncology including cancer of lung and esophagus, heart and lung transplantation, minimally invasive thoracic surgery, lung and esophageal surgery, cardiac surgery including ventricular assist device (VAD) implantation.
Lung cancer (CALGB trial of lobectomy versus sublobar resection for small (<2cm) peripheral non-small cell lung cancer); use of lungs from non-heart-beating donors for transplantation.
Education and Training
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
- Surgical Research Fellowship, Cardiovascular Lab, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI,
- General Surgery Residency, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
- MD, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- BS, Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
View Dr. Haithcock’s recent research publications on PubMed.