From our research labs, to our classrooms, to our clinics, we are focusing on innovative ways to help prevent and treat diseases such as arthritis, allergies, & auto-immune conditions.
The UNC Thurston Arthritis Research Center and UNC Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology are making exciting discoveries and gaining important new insights in areas such as:
- Osteoarthritis treatment and prevention
- The Johnston County Osteoarthritis Project
- The Osteoarthritis Action Alliance
- Allergies, including alpha-gal
- Lupus clinical trials and outreach
- Innovative uses of ultrasound
- Internet-based, pain coping skills programs
- So much more…
We invite you to learn more about our people, and our passion for providing “Healing and Hope” by reading our update here.