Researchers and clinicians lead group discussions, presented new data, and offered experts insights.
Examples of discussions and workshop topics included:
- 2023 Joint Effort Initiative Discussion Group: “Measuring Outcomes of OAMPs”
- OAAA Interactive Workshop: “Opportunities for Collaboration in Research & Public Health”
- Pre-Congress Workshop: “Multi-joint Osteoarthritis”
- Early Career Investigators Workshop: “Mentor Session”
Poster presentations included the following topics:
- Development of a composite measure of physical performance using item response theory.
- A machine learning approach to identify patterns of variation among collagen biomarkers and clinical features in a community-based cohort.
- Cost effectiveness of community-based diet and exercise for patients with knee osteoarthritis and obesity or overweight.
- Depression and total knee arthroplasty in knee osteoarthritis patients.
- Diagnostic accuracy of ultrasound for identification of radiographic knee OA: The Johnston County Osteoarthritis Project.
- Cross-sectional associations of ultrasound features at the knee with sex, race, ethnicity and radiographic OA: The Johnston County Health Study.
- Poor physical function is associated with mortality among individuals with knee and/or hip OA: The Johnston County Osteoarthritis Project.
- Early ablation of chemokine receptor-2 in mouse osteoblasts decrease cartilage matrix damage and subchondral bone sclerosis during injury-induced osteoarthritis.
- Imaging activated macrophage localization using a folate receptor-targeted near infrared molecular contrast agent in injured knees.
- Examining racial disparities in physical therapy delivery among adults after ACL Injury accessing a nationwide private practice in the U.S.
More detailed information regarding the 2023 OARSI World Congress is available on the OARSI website.