Important information regarding COVID testing at UNC.
Employee COVID-19 Testing Clinics
The University is partnering with the Orange County Health Department to offer employee COVID-19 testing clinics. Starting Sept. 9, clinics will be held every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.at the R7 Parking lot(opens new window) (adjacent to the UNC Sheps Center building located at 725 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd).
Testing is open to anyone who would like to be tested and no referral is required. These testing clinics will be drive-through and registration will occur on-site. Patients will have the option to meet with an on-site provider prior to testing. These clinics are for asymptomatic individuals and it is not recommended that individuals be tested any more frequently than every 14 days. Employees who are symptomatic or who have been identified as close contacts of a positive case should contact the University Employee Occupational Health Clinic (UEOHC) at 919-966-9119.
COVID-19 testing is covered by health insurance. There will be no charge for employees who present a health insurance card.
Faculty, Postdocs, Graduate Students, and Staff:
If you have symptoms:
- Do not come to work.
- Call the University Employee Occupational Health Clinic: 919-966-9119.
- Get tested. You cannot return to work until test results are provided, communicated to Occupational Health and you have been cleared to return.
If you do not have symptoms:
- Can report to work.
- If you want to be tested (even without symptoms), see Employee COVID-19 Testing Clinics information above.
Undergraduate Students (with or without symptoms):
- Visit the Campus Health website for COVID information.
- To make an appointment at Campus Health, call: 919-966-2281.
- Do not return to work until you been cleared to do so.