The Department of Allied Health Sciences held its annual career fair on January 31, 2017.

The Department of Allied Health Sciences held its annual career fair on January 31, 2017. The department thanks the 29 employers and 110 participants who came out to the fair, hosted in the George Watts Hill Alumni Center. Students were able to speak with professionals in a variety of disciplines within their interests.

Morgan Billinger, a first-year student in the Division of Speech and Hearing Sciences, said the career fair was a great opportunity to begin the networking process.

“I’m still learning; I’m still having the supervised clinical experiences that will give me the head’s up and the knowledge of whether or not I want to work in a school or a hospital,” she said. “I can take what I’m learning now in the clinical experiences to the career fair and discuss some of the potential things I’m looking for in employers.”

Heather Skeen, lead speech language pathologist for Charlotte-Mecklenberg schools, said she is interested in recruiting students who might be a good fit for a school-based environment.

“I love coming here,” Skeen said. “As a student, it can be so overwhelming. I think it’s fun to see the new students and their excitement for the field.”

Hear from students and employers about the 2017 career fair.