Director of the Division of Speech and Hearing Sciences
AuD Clinical Education Coordinator
Phone: (919) 445-0339
Fax: (919) 966-0100
- PhD, University of Florida 2014
- AuD, University of Florida 2009
- BS, Radford University 2005
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A)
Clinical and Research Interests
- Adult and pediatric diagnostics
- Electroacoustic stimulation
- Audiologic rehabilitation
- Graduate clinical education and clinical precepting
- North Carolina Audiology Association (NCAA)
- American Academy of Audiology (AAA)
- American Speech, Language, Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology (ARA)
- Member of Passing the Torch: Fostering Medical Humanism Through Faculty Role Models- UNC School of Medicine, 2018-2019
- Jerger Future Leader of Audiology Conference 2019- American Academy of Audiology
LePrell, C.G., Siburt, H.W., Lobarinas, E., Griffiths, S., & Spankovich, C., 2018. No reliable association between recreational noise exposure and threshold sensitivity, distortion product otoacoustic emission amplitude, or word-in-noise performance in a college-student population, Ear Hear, 39(6), 1057-1074.
Siburt, H.W., & Holmes, A.E. Bimodal Programming: A Survey of Current Clinical Practice; Advanced Bionics Research Summary, 2017. Based on 2015 publication in JAAA.
Siburt, H.W. & Holmes, A.E., 2015. Bimodal Programming: a survey of current clinical practice, American Journal of Audiology, 24, 243-249.
Holmes, A.E., Shrivastav, R., Krause, L., Siburt, H.W., & Schwartz, E., 2012. Speech based optimization of cochlear implants, International Journal of Audiology. Nov. 51(11), 806-816.
Mental Health First Aid