Benefits and Employee Services
“The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill offers a comprehensive benefit package and other programs, resources, policies and practices that integrate work/life strategies. Programs have been designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family.”
For your convenience, the following links are provided regarding UNC CH benefits, programs, and employee services.
The Benefits Services Department in the Office of Human Resources is responsible for reviewing and revising the content of the Benefits web pages. Benefits Services designs the pages to be current as possible; however, the information contained on the pages is subject to change anytime. This information is not intended to -and does not- create any contract…
– Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, etc.
Benefits Contacts – OHR Campus Benefits, or Vendor Contacts and Websites
– Teachers and State Employee’s Retirement Program (TSERS), Optional Retirement Program, Supplemental Programs, State Law Enforcement Officers Retirement Program (LEORS), Phased Retirement for Program for Tenured Faculty
– University Holiday Schedule, EPA Non-Faculty Leave Policies, Faculty Leave Policies, and SPA Leave Policies
– Child Care Programs, Elder Care Programs, Parenting Programs (Lactation Resources, Leave of Absence, Parenting Resource Guide)
– Application Fee Waiver for permanent Employees, Educational Assistance Program, Employee-Spouse & Dependent Scholarship Program, NC National College Savings Program, Student Fee Waiver Program, Tuition Waiver Policy, UNC Family Fund Scholarship
– Awards Registry, Departmental Awards, State-wide Awards, University Awards, Special Awards Programs, Service Awards, Star Heels Awards
– NC Flex Benefit Plan Forms, TSERS Forms, State Health Plan of NC Forms, Insurance Forms, Retirement Forms, and Spending Account Forms
Life Events: Provides information to consider when major life changes occur such as birth or adoption of a child, marriage, retirement, termination of employment, etc.
Beneficiary Designations – It is important to keep beneficiary designations up to date.
– Provides important information about pay and benefits
– A resource and referral information for UNC Chapel Hill retirees related to continued campus privileges and access to selected University services