What is UNC CareLink?
- An online extension of UNC’s Epic electronic medical record that enables to easily access patient information and follow the progress of care delivered at UNC Health.
- Web-based portal for community providers and clinical staff
- Provides access to view all medical records and ancillary services for patients referred by your practice
What are the benefits?
- Shared medical record with community practices and staff
- Enhances communication and keeps referring practices “in the loop”
- Provides access to scheduled appointments, medications, allergies and outpatient and inpatient notes (including admissions, discharges and emergency services)
- Helps with CMS Meaningful Use and patient-centered medical home efforts
- Enables providers to send secure messages to UNC providers regarding their patient’s care and access an unassigned patient’s medical record
- Links to provider information at findadoc.unchealthcare.org
- Offers online referrals for outpatient and ancillary services
How to enroll?
- Community-based practices seeking to access the UNC Health electronic referral portal or our electronic medical records system may request a UNC CareLink account at firstname.lastname@example.org.