Our Graduate Program is dedicated to the training of outstanding scientists in the pharmacological sciences.
An outstanding graduate program is a high priority of our department, and the training faculty participate fully at all levels. Our department ranks consistently in the highest levels of NIH funding for pharmacology departments nationwide and a great diversity of research areas is available to trainees. more
UNC's Department of Pharmacology ranks #3rd globally according to U.S. News & World Report's Best Global Universities 2014 report.
The Department of Pharmacology ranked #4 in the nation in its field in NIH research funding in 2013.
- Our Global Science Ranking: #3 in the World
U.S. News & World Report has published their first ever
Best Global Universities, ranking 500 institutions from 49
countries. UNC Pharmacology and Toxicology ranked #3
in the world!
- Kimberly Maxfield Receives Her PhD! Jul 24, 2015
- Carolina Summer Fellows 2015 Present Research Projects Jul 22, 2015
- Arlene Sandoval Inducted into Carolina 20-Year Society Jul 09, 2015
- Carolina Summer Fellows 2015 Start Research Projects May 26, 2015
- Dr. James Bradner Presents 20th Avery Steelman Lecture May 21, 2015
Congratulations to Bryan Roth, MD, PhD, on being elected to the Institute of Medicine. Election to the IOM is considered one of the highest honors in the fields of health and medicine and recognizes individuals who have demonstrated outstanding professional achievement and commitment to service. SOM News article
- Upcoming Events
- Seminar presented by Dr. Monte Willis, UNC-Chapel Hill Sep 08, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics
- Seminar presented by Dr. John Hogenesch, University of Pennsylvania Sep 15, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics
- Seminar presented by Dr. Markus Elsner, US Nature Biotech Sep 29, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM
- Seminar presented by Dr. Cecilia Cotta-Ramusino, Editas Medicine Oct 06, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics