Carolina Summer Fellowship Program
The Carolina Summer Fellowship (CSF) Program is a summer research program for undergraduate students sponsored by the Department of Pharmacology at UNC-Chapel Hill and supported in part by a SURF award from the American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET). The CSF Program is designed to give students planning a career in the biomedical sciences an opportunity to conduct research under the direction of a research pharmacologist and to gain knowledge and skills in scientific communication and networking.
Training in science with a good mix of fun, social activities
Training in the CSF Program includes hands-on research conducted by the student in the laboratory of a supervising faculty member, a weekly seminar program to acquaint the student with projects and research activities of the faculty, workshops on career opportunities, ethics training, presentation skills, and how to apply and interview for graduate school. Outside the lab get to know your fellow CSF students through fun events, lunches and dinners near or on the famous Franklin Street. The program culminates with student presentations on their summer research project.
Program start and end dates
- The CSF Program runs for 10 weeks in the summer, May-July.
- The 2020 Program will begin May 15, 2020 and end July 24, 2020.
Number of participants accepted to the program
- We normally accept 6-10 Carolina Summer Fellows each summer who join us in Chapel Hill for the 10-week CSF program.
- $4000 stipend
- Free on campus housing
- Food allowance
- Freshman – Senior student at any College or University
- US citizen for permanent residents or foreign student with valid visa
Application process/Important dates
- Online application opens Nov. 4, 2019 and continues through Feb. 2, 2020.
Please note the earlier opening and closing application dates.
- Application requires statement of career goals, resume, and letter of recommendation
- Decisions will be returned the week of Feb. 17, 2020.
If you have any further questions concerning our program, please email Nicole Arnold, Carolina Summer Fellowship Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Graduate Program in Pharmacology at UNC-CH strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minorities.