The UNC PM&R Wellness Strategic Planning Committee meets monthly to discuss varying topics and promote wellness within the department.
Committee Member Names:
- Dr. Karla Thompson – Faculty Co-Lead
- Dr. Susan Gaylord – Faculty Co-Lead
- Dr. Kim Faurot
- Dr. Karen Bluth
- Dr. Joshua Alexander
- Dr. Wunian Chen
- Dr. Angela Lipscomb-Hudson
- Chanee Lynch
- Danielle Baker
- Stefanie Veno
- Dan Lehman
- Janet Hadar
- Dr. Nick Wise
- Develop a culture of “wellness” within PM&R
- Develop a program for assessing faculty and staff “wellness” (physical health, burnout, job satisfaction) on an ongoing/recurrent basis, and initiatives to improve and maintain “wellness”
- For patient wellness initiatives, improve awareness of and access to existing wellness programs, identify unmet program needs, and implement appropriate programs
- Bring (more) alternative and complementary clinical services to PM&R outpatient clinics
Please continue to check back for additional updates from the Wellness Committee within the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
The UNC PM&R Department has a new Weight and Lifestyle Medicine Service, focused on holistic wellness. Click here to learn more.