UNC now offers multiple research studies for pregnant and postpartum mothers.
Research Studies for Pregnant Women
Sleep and Bright Light Therapy for Depression in Pregnancy Research Study
Our team is seeking pregnant volunteers (between the ages of 18 and 40) who are experiencing symptoms of depression for a research study investigating whether bright light and sleep therapy can reduce/prevent postpartum depression.
For more information, please contact:
Jamie Steed at (919)-962-4798
Baby Brain Development Research Study
Help us learn more about early development of baby brain & behavior
UNC researchers are looking for pregnant women for a research study of mothers and babies from 2nd trimester of pregnancy to 1 year after baby is born
We will study 3 groups of babies (Based on their mothers’ use of substances during pregnancy):
- Mothers who used opiates during pregnancy (alone or with other substances).
- Mothers who used other substances, but did not use opiates during pregnancy. (These substances may include tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, or others.)
- Mothers who did not use any substances during pregnancy.
*****All information collected is confidential*****
Earn up to $695 for full participation
- Remote visits for mom in 2nd & 3rd trimesters of pregnancy, and during the year after baby is born
- Interviews, questionnaires & screenings for substance use for mom
- Baby brain imaging (MRI) of sleeping baby’s brain
- MRI is a safe way to get brain images with NO radiation, X-ray or sedation
- We follow strict safety requirements, including use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), physical distancing, wellness checks for staff and participants, and thorough disinfecting before and after study visits
Free Parking or transportation to UNC for study visits
If interested, please contact UNC Mother Infant Research Studies:
- Phone: (919) 843-3419
- Email: MotherBabyLab@unc.edu
- Visit: MotherBabyLab.com
UNC Biomedical IRB, IRB Study Number: 17-3136, Approved 10/11/2021