RESOURCES FOR FINDING RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES AT UNC
Your broadest resource will be this list of all the centers and institutes at UNC with research as their primary mission. Navigate here to explore all of the different ways you can do research, from the Center for Women’s Health Research to the Center for Pharmacogenomics and Individualized Therapy.
Here are some other links to specific UNC schools or departments that can help get you started finding ongoing research projects and research faculty to work with:
- REACH NC portal to search all UNC experts, researchers, departments, grants, and publications
- UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health map of all ongoing research projects (both in the U.S. and internationally)
- UNC SOM’s Office for International Activities page for medical students
- UNC Biological and Biomedical Sciences Program (BBSP):
- UNC Lineberger Cancer Center:
- UNC Institute for Global Health and Infectious Disease
- Development and testing of innovative technologies and health care products with UNC REX Healthcare
- Vital Signs, news and events from UNC School of Medicine that highlights all of the groundbreaking research happening here
- Endeavors, UNC’s magazine to highlight research and creative activity at UNC
Finally, the Office Medical Student Research has a page of research mentors at UNC who have worked with medical students in the past. Although the exact projects listed on the page might be a little outdated, it still serves as a good resource for finding mentors who work in areas that interest you and who are willing to take on a medical student.