- Department News
Praveen Sethupathy has been named as a recipient of a prestigious Pathway to Stop Diabetes Award from the American Diabetes Association
Fernando Pardo-Manuel de Villena named one of two inaugural Oliver Smithies Investigators
Shawn Ahmed's group reports on a novel mechanism of gene silencing in Caenorhabditis elegans, termed "multigenerational RNAe"
- Upcoming Events
- G&MB Tuesday Student Seminars - Fall 2016 Aug 23, 2016 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM — Pagano Room, LCCC
- G&MB Friday Seminar Series - Fall 2016 Aug 26, 2016 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — Bioinformatics 1131
- UNC Genetics Retreat 2016 Aug 26, 2016 - Aug 28, 2016 — Asheville, NC
- BCB Colloquium - Fall 2016 Aug 29, 2016 04:40 PM - 05:30 PM — To Be Announced
- Department Highlight
Karen Mohlke, Chuck Perou, Pat Sullivan, and Jenny Ting are listed among the most Highly Cited Researchers for 2015 by Thomson Reuters.
- Genetics News
- Researchers link gene expression patterns of normal tissue to breast cancer prognosis May 26, 2016
- Pardo-Manuel de Villena named Interim Chair of Department of Genetics May 12, 2016
- New investigational compound shows promise against melanoma, lymphoma May 03, 2016
- Remembering Dr. Kathleen Rao Mar 31, 2016