- Department News
Fernando Pardo-Manuel de Villena has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Genetics Society of America (GSA).
Fernando will serve a three-year term beginning January 1, 2015.
Three Department of Genetics faculty members are ranked as most cited in their fields
Yun Li, Karen Mohlke, and Chuck Perou are among the top 1% most cited world researchers in their subject fields for 2014.
Jim Evans and Chuck Perou are featured in a Special Section on Breast Cancer in Science
Evans and Perou are quoted regarding the risks of reporting germline mutations in numerous genes implicated in rare forms of hereditary predispositions to breast cancer.
- Upcoming Events
- Wednesday Research Colloquium/Wu Oct 01, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — Pagano Conference Room, LCCC
- BCB Research in Progress Seminars Oct 02, 2014 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — Pagano Conference Room, LCCC
- BCB Colloquium/Kevin Weeks Oct 06, 2014 04:40 PM - 05:30 PM — 2030 Bondurant Hall
- G&MB Tuesday Student Seminars Oct 07, 2014 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM — Pagano Room, LCCC
- Wednesday Research Colloquium/McKay Oct 08, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — Pagano Conference Room, LCCC
- Department Highlight
The Department of Genetics ranked 4th in the nation in its field for NIH research funding in 2013.
- Genetics News
- Sullivan awarded 2014 Lieber Prize for Outstanding Achievement in Schizophrenia Research Sep 29, 2014
- The Geneticist Sep 24, 2014
- Largest cancer genetic analysis reveals new way of classifying cancer Aug 07, 2014
- International team sheds new light on biology underlying schizophrenia Jul 22, 2014