CID 0702 – Apheresis procedures to obtain leukocytes from HIV negative subjects
- Question: Samples used as a negative control for exploring new methods of activating resting HIV infected cells in laboratory
- Population: must be HIV negative and > 18 years of age
- Duration: up to 3 years
- Call: Amanda Crooks 919-843-9564
HPTN 069 – NEXT PREP Novel Exploration of Therapeutics for PREP, A phase II randomized, double-blind, study of the safety and tolerability of four antiretroviral drug regiments for Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) to Prevent HIV Transmission.
- Question: To assess the safety and tolerability of Maraviroc (MVC), Maraviroc+ Emtricitabine (FTC), Maraviroc + Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF), and Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate + Emtricitabine in each study arm.
- Population: 25 healthy MSM and transgender women.
- Medication: Maraviroc, Emtricitabine, Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, & non-intensive sampling schemas.
- Duration: Approximately 1 year of outpatient visits.
- Call: Becky Straub 919-843-9975 or Jonathan Oakes 919-966-671
HPTN 073 Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Initiation and Adherence among Black Men who have Sex with Men (BMSM) in Three U.S. Cities
- Question: To see how willing Black men who have sex with men are to take PrEP and how consistently they are able to take one tablet at approximately the same time during each day of the week, and what that experience is like for them.
- POP: BMSM (black men who have sex with men) aged 18 or older with no prior HIV diagnosis.
- MED: Truvada®
- DUR: 2 years
- CALL: Noshima Darden-Tabb 919-843-6937