Program participants remain in their current faculty position and, throughout the year, spend a total of 6 weeks in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. When not in Chapel Hill, Faculty Development Fellows remain tethered to UNC through webinars, conference calls, online learning activities, and ongoing projects.
Fellows are empowered to apply their new knowledge and skills at their home institutions as they build upon the concepts introduced with each visit. Fellows receive continuous feedback and guidance throughout the year and share their individual experiences and progress with the group through presentations, publications, and posters.
The curriculum also offers Fellows opportunities to meet and network with leaders in healthcare and medical education, including Deans, Department Chairs, and Presidents of ACO’s and organizations like STFM.
- Educational program planning
- Large group teaching
- Small group teaching
- Clinical precepting
- Giving feedback
- Inpatient teaching
- Milestones & RRC Requirements
- Appreciative inquiry & Growth Mindset
- Change management
- Advocacy skills
- Process improvement
- Leadership development
- Negotiation Skills
- Critical appraisal skills development
- Writing for publication
- Practice improvement and educational collaborative projects across multiple residency programs
On-Site Session Dates for 2019-2020:
- Wednesday, June 5, 2019 – Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019 – Wednesday, October 2, 2019
- Monday, March 2, 2020 – Friday, March 6, 2020
- Monday, June 1, 2020- Thursday, June 4, 2020