NIH released NOT-OD-21-073 in March 2021 announcing revised guidelines for the NIH Biosketch and Other Support document for any submission with a due date on or after May 25th, 2021.
Key changes to the Biosketch format:
- Section D: ‘Additional Information: Research Support and/or Scholastic Performance’
- For the non-Fellowship Biosketch, Section D. has been removed.
- For the Fellowship Biosketch, Section D has been updated to remove ‘Research Support.’
- Ongoing and Completed Support from the past 3 years that you would like to draw attention to may now be included within the personnel statement (Section A)
- Section B: ‘Positions and Honors’ has been renamed ‘Positions, Scientific Appointments, and Honors’
- List in reverse chronological order all positions and scientific appointments both domestic and foreign, including affiliations with foreign entities or governments. This includes titled academic, professional, or institutional appointments whether or not remuneration is received, and whether full-time, part-time, or voluntary (including adjunct, visiting, or honorary)
For more information, templates and instructions on the revised biosketch: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/forms/biosketch.htm
Key Changes to the Other Support document:
- The format has been reorganized to separate funded projects from in-kind contributions and the required information for each award has slightly changed (please see the provided example or template)
- Your signature is now required
- Supporting Documentation- you are now required to submit copies of contracts, grants or any other agreement specific to senior/key personnel foreign appointments and/or employment with a foreign institution
For more information, templates and instructions on the revised Other Support document: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/forms/othersupport.htm
Please email Sarah Schoenrock (email@example.com) if you have a specific question or would like assistance revising your Biosketch and/or Other Support document.