Critical activity forms for labs and cores, FedEx and UPS deliveries/shipments and emotional support services for employees at SOM.
CRITICAL ACTIVITIES: All labs and cores performing critical activities must complete and submit the “Critical Activities Exception Request Form – COVID-19” to email@example.com no later than today, March 19 at 5pm. For the purposes of this request, “critical activities” means activities that are directly related to COVID-19 or, if paused: (1) would be impossible to restart; (2) could not be restarted without a significant amount of time; or (3) would incur significant financial cost to be restarted.
DELIVERIES AND SHIPMENTS: FedEx and UPS shipments to labs/PIs in the Department of Genetics will be delivered to GMB 5007 until further notice. Chris or Cara will let you know if you have packages to pick up each day. If you need to ship via courier, please reach out to Cathy Cornett.
EMOTIONAL SUPPORT FOR SOM EMPLOYEES: NEW EMOTIONAL SUPPORT SERVICES including Telehealth and hotline info. WEBSITE LINK HERE: https://www.unchealthcare.org/wellbeing/toolkit/toolkit-overview/mental-healthemotional-support-resources-for-co-workers-and-prov/
ALL ON WEBSITE ABOVE AND LISTED BELOW:
- UNCMC/SOM emotional support resources
INFORMATION Hotline – Integrated Emotional Support Program can be reached at 919 966 5479
- TO TALK TO SOMEONE BY PHONE SAME DAY: Crisis counseling and referral
UNCMC Occupational Health can be reached at 919 966 4480
- Webinar: Coping with Uncertainty About The Coronavirus – 44:06 minutes
- Recommended Mental Health Resources (App and Web based)
APPS: Below are some apps that are useful for promoting mindfulness and treating anxiety and depression. Some are apps used in our program and others have been reviewed positively by the Anxiety and Depression Association of America. Additional resources can be found here.
- Headspace: Headspace is now offering free premium access (through 2020) for healthcare providers; sign up with your NPI (National Provider Identification #) https://www.headspace.com/health-covid-19
- Buddhify (completely free)
- InsightTimer (completely free with thousands of guided meditations)
Depression Treatment Apps:
- Mood Tools
Anxiety Treatment Apps:
- AnxietyCoach (Mayo Clinic)
- Panic Relief
- Click here for a list of good apps reviewed by the Anxiety Disorders Association of America.
- CBT-i Coach
- For non-healthcare providers, Stop, Breathe & Think now offers a category with extra free meditations to help combat Coronavirus anxiety
Websites for guided meditation or suggestions for distractions
- Tara Brach’s website for guided meditations. She offers a variety of meditations of varying length. Click here to visit the website.
- Stuck at Home? These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch (Video)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: web cam experiences
Online resources related to wellbeing