Faculty burnout is a national, complex, and systemic issue. As we navigate in an increasingly stressful environment while meeting our missions, UNC has adopted the Quadruple Aim: a focus on enhancing patient experience, improving population health, reducing costs, and improving provider work life. The way forward requires novel approaches that integrate and add wellness as a critical metric in our collective performance as an institution. Please visit https://www.med.unc.edu/psych/wellness-initiatives for more information on the School of Medicine’s programs to address wellness.
In 2020, the Department of Pediatrics Faculty Development Program in collaboration with Dr. Suzanne Kennedy of the Children’s Research Institute launched a pilot program integrating wellness coaching into the Department’s Faculty Mentoring Program. For further information about this, please contact Dr. Kennedy at email@example.com.
- Physician Burnout: Coaching a Way Out
- Balancing Family Life with a Science Career
- The Happy MD
- Wellbeing:Tips for UNC Mentors (Video Accessible with ONYEN)
- Wellbeing-Individual Development Plan (WB-IDP)
- The WB-IDP provides a structured process to: secure support and accountability (e.g., UNC resources, familial, peer, social, professional), assess wellbeing, identify goals, and develop a plan for wellbeing as part of your career development pathway.