Postpartum Depression Research
SUMMIT Talk Therapy Research Study
- Pregnant and postpartum women, 18 years or older experiencing symptoms of depression and/or anxiety
- Up to 36 weeks pregnant or 4-30 weeks postpartum
About the study:
- The study will compare talk therapy delivered by trained non-mental health care providers vs mental healthcare providers
- Treatment is delivered either in-person or through a secure and HIPAA compliant video-chat platform
- The study is offering pregnant and postpartum women brief and effective ‘talk therapy’ for anxiety and depression
- It involves 6-8 weekly sessions to improved how women feel by making small changes to their daily activities.
- Please contact the research team at SUMMIT@med.unc.edu for more information
- Or you can view the study brochure in English or Spanish:
The Skylark Postpartum Depression Study
The Chickadee Study is a clinical trial evaluating an investigational oral medication in women with severe postpartum depression (PPD).
You may be eligible to participate if you:*
- Are between 18 and 45 years old
- Gave birth in the last 12 months
- Have PPD symptoms that began no earlier than the third trimester and no later than the first 4 weeks following delivery
- Frequently feel extremely sad, anxious, or overwhelmed, and these symptoms are associated with severe PPD
*The study doctor will discuss other requirements
If you are eligible and decide to participate, you will receive:
- All study-related procedures and study medication at no cost
- Reasonable compensation may be provided for time and travel
For more information please contact Jamie at (919) 962-4798 or by email at Jamie_steed@med.unc.edu or find more information on the web at skylarkstudy.com.
Mom Genes Fight PPD Research App
Mom Genes Fight PPD is a research app for women who have ever experienced postpartum depression (PPD) or psychosis (PPP.) The goal of the study is to improve detection, treatment and prevention of PPD and PPP by finding the genetic basis of these disorders. Women who participate will download the Mom Genes app, fill out questionnaires and if eligible, submit a saliva sample.
You may be eligible to join if you:
• Are female aged 18 or above
• Have had a live birth
• Have an iOS or Android device
For more information, find us on the web at www.momgenesfightppd.org, Twitter @pactforthecure, Facebook @PPDACT, email firstname.lastname@example.org or find the app in the iTunes or Google Play store by searching “Mom Genes Fight PPD”.