Postpartum Depression Research
SUMMIT Talk Therapy Research Study
- Pregnant and postpartum women, 18 years or older experiencing symptoms of depression and/or anxiety
- Up to 36 weeks pregnant or 4-30 weeks postpartum
About the study:
- The study will compare talk therapy delivered by trained non-mental health care providers vs mental healthcare providers
- Treatment is delivered either in-person or through a secure and HIPAA compliant video-chat platform
- The study is offering pregnant and postpartum women brief and effective ‘talk therapy’ for anxiety and depression
- It involves 6-8 weekly sessions to improved how women feel by making small changes to their daily activities.
- Please contact the research team at SUMMIT@med.unc.edu for more information
- Or you can view the study brochure in English or Spanish or review our study FAQ:
Mom Genes Fight PPD Research App
Mom Genes Fight PPD is a research app for women who have ever experienced postpartum depression (PPD) or psychosis (PPP.) The goal of the study is to improve detection, treatment and prevention of PPD and PPP by finding the genetic basis of these disorders. Women who participate will download the Mom Genes app, fill out questionnaires and if eligible, submit a saliva sample.
You may be eligible to join if you:
• Are female aged 18 or above
• Have had a live birth
• Have an iOS or Android device
For more information, find us on the web at www.momgenesfightppd.org, Twitter @pactforthecure, Facebook @PPDACT, email firstname.lastname@example.org or find the app in the iTunes or Google Play store by searching “Mom Genes Fight PPD”.