Our support programs were designed with specific patient needs in mind, and include free parking, dedicated financial counselors and social workers, interpreters, pastoral care and nutritional guidance.
Resources within Radiation Oncology
For patients undergoing radiation therapy.
- Free 1-hour clinic parking: For our patients treated daily on an outpatient basis, we supply one-hour permits for parking directly in front of the NC Cancer Hospital with easy, street-level access to the Radiation Oncology clinic.
- Dedicated financial counselors: Counselors are available to meet privately with our patients concerning insurance or billing issues.
- Dedicated oncology social workers: Social workers assist our patients with making all the logistical arrangements for their care.
- Nutritional care: Dietitians are available to assist our patients with their dietary needs during treatment.
- Certified tobacco cessation specialists: For our patients who need assistance with stopping smoking.
- Therapists, counselors and psychologists: To address the patient’s and families’ psychological health and well-being.
For additional information about these patient resources, please ask your radiation oncology nurse.
Cancer Hospital Resources
These resources are for any patients in the Cancer Hospital.
- Pastoral care and a chapel: Available for patient spiritual support.
- Interpreters: Interpreters are available to our patients to help overcome language barriers.
- Cancer survivorship services: To help patients move beyond their cancer diagnosis and treatment toward wellness.
Many other cancer support programs are available to our patients through the Patient and Family Resource Center. This Center is conveniently located on the ground floor (Level G) of the NC Cancer Hospital.