Welcome to Time to Conceive!
About Time to Conceive
Time to Conceive is a time-to-pregnancy research study at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The purpose of Time to Conceive is to learn a way to measure fertility in women ages 30 to 44 who are trying to get pregnant. Specifically, we will try to determine if certain hormones (FSH, estradiol, antimullerian hormone, inhibin) in blood and urine will predict fertility and infertility. From April 2008 through August 31, 2015, we hope to enroll 850 women who are trying to get pregnant, collect a small blood and urine sample from each, and observe how long it takes for them to get pregnant. Time to Conceive is important because, although 1 out of 7 women suffer from infertility, we currently have no markers to predict who will be infertile. With your help, we can discover more about infertility. As of August 31, 2015 we have ended enrollment for Time to Conceive.
What Are the Benefits of Joining?
Eligible participants receive:
- free pregnancy tests,
- free ovulation predictor tests,
- a free early pregnancy ultrasound with a picture,
- up to $200, depending on the study activities completed,
- free fertility charting online,
- satisfaction in knowing you are contributing to our knowledge of women’s health.
Who Can Join?
Women can join if they:
- are between the ages of 30 and 44 years
- are hoping to get pregnant and are about to start trying, or
- have been trying for less than 3 months.
Women can not join if they:
- have a history of infertility or fertility treatments,
- have a partner with a history of infertility or fertility treatments,
- have used hormone shots in the past year,
- cannot read or speak English,
- have Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOS), endometriosis, or Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
What Will I Have to Do?
Study participants will be asked to:
- complete a 15-minute telephone screening interview,
- complete a one-time baseline questionnaire online,
- complete short, daily diaries online,
- come in for a brief, 20-minute study visit at one of our 3 study visit sites,
- complete a free early pregnancy ultrasound,
- complete a short pregnancy outcome report.
We will NOT give you any medicines to take or ask you to make any significant changes to your daily lifestyle or existing healthcare routine. Information about study participants is strictly confidential. Names and identifying information will be removed from all of your questionnaires.
How Do I Join?
Signing up is easy! Give us a call at 919-843-8246, or email us at email@example.com.