SPA Policies, HR Services, Training, and Campus Information
University SPA Policies and HR Services; Wage Hour & Compensation; Employee Relations; Leave & Holidays; Performance Management; Required Compliance Principle Function for Work Plan; Bi-weekly and Monthly Payroll Schedules; University Holiday Schedule; How to get a UNC One Card; OHR Training and Development; Other Related Websites include: OSP, Environmental Health and Safety, SECU, Chapel Hill Transit, and much more.
University & School of Medicine SPA Policies:
Wage Hour and Compensation
- Wage Hour - Determining Time Worked, Time Sheet Examples, On-Call and Emergency Call Back Pay, Overtime and Compensatory Time for SPA Exempt & Non-Exempt Employees, Shift Premium Pay, Travel Time, Wage-Hour Definitions
- Compensation - Paid-Time-Off (PTO) & Transfers, Longevity Pay, etc.
- Leave & Holiday Policies - Administrative Absence (SPA), Adverse Weather (SPA), Bonus, Civil, Community Service, Educational, Family & Medical, Family Illness, Leave Without Pay (SPA), Military, Pandemic & Communicable Disease Emergency Policy, Sick, Vacation (SPA), Voluntary Shared Leave, etc.
- Leave Forms - Administrative Absence Request Form, Creditable Service Form, Medical Leave Request Form, Medical Leave Return to Work Form, Voluntary Shared Leave Donation Form. etc.
- Holidays and Holiday Pay - University Holiday Schedule, Compensation for Holiday Not Worked, Compensation for Holiday Worked, Alternate Holidays, Recordkeeping, etc.
- Performance Management - SPA Performance Management Policy, Policy, Probationary Period, Reporting of Criminal Convictions for Currently Employed Faculty and Staff
- Performance Management Forms (SPA) - Performance Management & Competency Assessment Form, PM Ratings Manual Entry Form, Sample-PM & Competency Assessment Form, EPA Non-Faculty Annual Performance Review Form
- The following Principal Function(s) shall be included in the work plans for SOM SPA Employees and SOM SPA Supervisors. In an effort to assist management in ensuring these requirements are met, all SOM SPA Employees shall have a Compliance, Communication, & Teamwork Principal Function as part of the Work Plan section of the SPA Performance Management and Competency Assessment Form. Positions that supervise SPA employees shall include the Principal Function below for Supervisors.
- HIPAA Policies & Training - It is the policy of the UNC School of Medicine and the UNC Health Care System to provide training on HIPAA Privacy/Security regulations to all employees, volunteers, and students employed by either entity within 30 days of initial employment. Further, the UNC School of Medicine requires all employees to update HIPAA training on an annual basis. In addition, the University's Department of Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) has job specific annual training and immunization requirements. It is essential that SPA employees complete such requirements as necessary. A matrix of EHS requirements for specific work environments can be accessed here Environmental Health and Safety training requirements.
Human Resources Services:
NOTE: All persons applying for a UNC One Card must come to the UNC One Card Office in person and present proper identification for card issuance unless otherwise specified. Please be aware that a card fee may apply. Faculty and permanent Staff may obtain a UNC One Card in person at the One Card Office when all information (EPA Web and HRIS from your home department & PID assignment) has been processed by Employee Records.
- UNC One Card Home Page - What the One Card can do, Manage Your Account, Lost Card, CDS Meal Plan
- Payroll Services - E-Pay Log In/E-Print Information, Monthly & Bi-weekly Pay Schedule, Payroll Policies, etc.
- Payroll Forms - Direct Deposit Authorization & Cancellation forms for SPA & EPA, TIM Administrator Access Request form, TIM Teletime Authorization form, Payroll Exception Sheet, etc.
- Time Information Management (TIM) - TIM Forms, TIM Class Registration, TIM Team Members, TIM Login-UNCTIM Thinstall, etc.
- OHR Employee Records - Personnel Records and Confidentiality of Personnel Information, Records Retention, and Service Date Information
- Work/Life and Wellness - Educational Assistance Forms, Recognition Program Forms, Lactation Support Policy, etc.