Recruitment, Employment, & Forms
The Recruitment Selection documentation is submitted from the department’s HR Consultant to the SOM HR Office. The department’s HR Consultant requests a Pre-Employment Background Check and completes and submits a Selection and Hiring Proposal. Then the SOM HR Consultant electronically receives notice that the selection and hiring proposal is available and ready to continue processing the offer package. All offers of SHRA employment are made by the SOM HR Consultant.
For your convenience, the following links are provided regarding Recruitment and Hiring policies, procedures, and related forms.
University Recruitment & Hiring Policy for SHRA Permanent Employment
- Recruitment/Selection/Job Offer FAQ’s
- PeopleAdmin Position Posting Worksheet – initiate recruitment for University Posting in People Admin
- Application Submission
- Application Referral & Interviewing
- Reference Checking – prior to recommendation for employment
- PeopleAdmin Selection & Hiring Worksheet
- Employment of Relatives – Nepotism
- Background Check Policy for SHRA and EHRA Non-Faculty – purpose, definitions, applicability, timing & scope, procedure, requirement to disclose convictions and confidentiality, decision-making authority, consideration and assessment of prior criminal convictions, convictions determined to adversely affect appointment eligibility, NC Drivers License check
- Employment – Hiring Policy, Additional Employment Policy, Independent Contractors, Types of SHRA Appointments, Secondary Employment Policy, etc.
- Electronic I-9 System – How to Process an I-9 through the LawLogix system
- Temporary Employment Policies for direct department hires – appointment types, hiring process, offering employment, wage-hour administration, termination, etc.
- Relevant Policy Information for Temporary Employees – policies and information that apply to temporary employees at UNC CH and must be provided to them upon employment.
- Policy on Unpaid Volunteers, Interns and Visiting Scholars – Proposal for the use of volunteers must have the approval of the unit head and of the Office of Human Resources.
- Temporary Position Posting FAQ’s
- Temporary Employment Forms
New Hire Confidentiality Statements
- SOM Confidentiality Statement – to be signed by all new and returning SOM employees (SHRA, EHRA, permanent, and temporary)
- UNC Health Care Confidentiality Statement – to be signed by all University employees that have access to UNC Health Care information.