Recruitment, Employment, & Forms
The Recruitment Selection documentation is submitted from the department’s HR Consultant to the SOM HR Office. The department’s HR Consultant requests a Pre-Employment Background Check and completes and submits a Selection and Hiring Proposal. Then the SOM HR Consultant electronically receives notice that the selection and hiring proposal is available and ready to continue processing the offer package. All offers of SHRA employment are made by the SOM HR Consultant.
For your convenience, the following links are provided regarding Recruitment and Hiring policies, procedures, and related forms.
- Recruitment/Selection/Job Offer FAQ’s
- PeopleAdmin Position Posting Worksheet – initiate recruitment for University Posting in People Admin
- – prior to recommendation for employment
- – Nepotism
- Background Check Policy for SHRA and EHRA Non-Faculty – purpose, definitions, applicability, timing & scope, procedure, requirement to disclose convictions and confidentiality, decision-making authority, consideration and assessment of prior criminal convictions, convictions determined to adversely affect appointment eligibility, NC Drivers License check
- – Hiring Policy, Additional Employment Policy, Independent Contractors, Types of SHRA Appointments, Secondary Employment Policy, etc.
- Electronic I-9 System – How to Process an I-9 through the LawLogix system
- for direct department hires – appointment types, hiring process, offering employment, wage-hour administration, termination, etc.
- – policies and information that apply to temporary employees at UNC CH and must be provided to them upon employment.
New Hire Confidentiality Statements
- SOM Confidentiality Statement – to be signed by all new and returning SOM employees (SHRA, EHRA, permanent, and temporary)