SHRA Policies, HR Services, Training, and Campus Information
University SHRA Policies and HR Services; Wage Hour & Compensation; Employee Relations; Leave & Holidays; Performance Management; Required Compliance Principle Function for Work Plan; Bi-weekly and Monthly Payroll Schedules; University Holiday Schedule; How to get a UNC One Card; UNC Office of Human Resources Training and Development; Other Related Websites include: Office of State Human Resources, Environmental Health and Safety, (SECU), Chapel Hill Transit, and much more.
University & School of Medicine SHRA Policies:
Wage Hour and Compensation
- Wage Hour – Determining Time Worked, Time Sheet Examples, On-Call and Emergency Call Back Pay, Overtime and Compensatory Time for SHRA Exempt & Non-Exempt Employees, Shift Premium Pay, Travel Time, Wage-Hour Definitions
- – Paid-Time-Off (PTO) & Transfers, Longevity Pay, etc.
- – Administrative Absence (SHRA), Adverse Weather (SHRA), Bonus, Civil, Community Service, Educational, Family & Medical, Family Illness, Leave Without Pay (SHRA), Military, Pandemic & Communicable Disease Emergency Policy, Sick, Vacation (SHRA), Voluntary Shared Leave, etc. & Holiday Policies
- – University Holiday Schedule, Compensation for Holiday Not Worked, Compensation for Holiday Worked, Alternate Holidays, Recordkeeping, etc.
- – SHRA Performance Management Policy, Probationary Period, Reporting of Criminal Convictions for Currently Employed Faculty and Staff
- HIPAA Policies & Training – It is the policy of the UNC School of Medicine and the UNC Health Care System to provide training on HIPAA Privacy/Security regulations to all employees, volunteers, and students employed by either entity within 30 days of initial employment. Further, the UNC School of Medicine requires all employees to update HIPAA training on an annual basis. In addition, the University’s Department of Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) has job specific annual training and immunization requirements. It is essential that SPA employees complete such requirements as necessary. A matrix of EHS requirements for specific work environments can be accessed here Environmental Health and Safety training requirements.
Human Resources Services:
- – Faculty, Staff, Students, Graduates, Post Docs, Visiting Scholars, Temporary Employees, etc. & What the One Card can do, Manage Your Account, Lost Card, CDS Meal Plans
- Payroll Services– E-Pay Log In/E-Print Information, Monthly & Bi-weekly Pay Schedule, Payroll Policies, etc.
- Payroll Forms – Direct Deposit Authorization & Cancellation forms for SHRA & EHRA, TIM Administrator Access Request form, TIM Teletime Authorization form, Payroll Exception Sheet, etc
- Time Information Management (TIM) – TIM Forms, TIM Class Registration, TIM Team Members, TIM Login-UNCTIM Thinstall, etc.
- – Personnel Records and Confidentiality of Personnel Information, Records Retention, and Service Date Information
- – Educational Assistance Forms, Recognition Program Forms, Lactation Support Policy, etc.
- OHR Training & Development – Development and Learning Opportunities for all Carolina employees
Other Related Links
NC Office of State Human Resources (formerly OSP)