Classification & Compensation
The Classification and Compensation group is responsible for maintaining fair and equitable classification and salary decisions for the University’s SHRA workforce. The unit maintains the integrity of the State of North Carolina’s career banding program as well as the Department of Labor’s prescribed Fair Labor Standards Act regulations.
Please send ALL classification and salary actions to the SOM HR Office
For your convenience, the following links are provided regarding career banding policies, procedures, and related forms.
- [Word] revised 5-23-16 NOTE: In order to complete “Section 7” of the position description form, please refer to the Competency Profiles on the OSHR website (see link below).
- Position Description Form Instructions
- – (from Office of State Personnel Web Site) description of work, role descriptions by competency level, competencies, competency statements by level, minimum training & experience
- – (effective 07/01/2014) Spreadsheet of all career banded roles with current salary rates at the contributing, journey and advanced level.
- Career Banding Pay Factors – Financial Resources, Appropriate Market Rate, Internal Pay Alignment, Required Competencies
- Career Banding Compensation Administration Plan – directions and requirements to be considered when recommending pay actions for employee’s
- to access forms used to process SHRA position actions and/or salary actions
- Performance Appraisal Policy – Policy, Objectives, Definitions,Covered Employees, General Provisions and Performance Planning