Mental Health, Substance Use & Aging Conference is organized by Northwest Area Health Education Center (AHEC) and would be held on Oct 25, 2016 at Wake Forest University Bridger Field House, Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States of America. The Target Audience for this Medical Event are Mental Health and Substance use Providers, Aging Services Providers, Health Educators, Health Care Providers, and Others with an Interest in Mental Health, Substance Use and Aging. This CME conference has been approved with CEU 0.45 CEUs.
Program Overview and Objectives :
The recommendations from the North Carolina Institute of Medicine’s Task Force on Mental Health and Substance Use on addressing older adult mental health and substance use will set the stage for discussions on how to mobilize communities across North Carolina to improve older adult mental health and substance use services, policies, and practices. This conference offers participants opportunities to meet others in their communities and across the state who are engaged in improving the mental health and substance use services and supports for older adults, learn from nationally-renowned experts, and develop community action plans to address the mental health and substance use needs of older adults.
Upon completion of the program, participants should be able to :
• Highlight key strategies to effect change in older adult mental health and substance use services, policies, and practices.
• Identify evidence-based strategies to address the mental health and substance use treatment needs of older adults.
• Serve as a catalyst for action to address the mental health and substance use prevention, treatment, and recovery.
Topics To Be Discussed :
• Mobilizing communities around older adult mental health and substance use.
• Mental health and substance use services for Medicare beneficiaries.
• Integrated care for older adults.
• Recovery oriented systems of care.