Professor of Biochemistry and Biophysics
Associate Dean for Graduate Education; Pharmacology – joint appointment
Diversity Committee Member
(PhD – University of California, Berkeley)
HONORS & AWARDS
- W. M. Keck Foundation Award, 2015
- Academy of Educators Elected Fellow, 2012
- The Jefferson-Pilot Fellowship in Academic Medicine, 2010-2014
- Academy of Educators Teaching Excellence Award, 2010
- National Cancer Institute’s Howard Temin Award, 2003-2008
Cells coordinate progression through the cell division cycle with a wide variety of extracellular and intracellular information by regulating the activity and abundance of key cell cycle proteins.
Many proteins have more than one function in the cell cycle, and one of our goals is to understand how those different functions are integrated to preserve normal cell proliferation.
- cell proliferation dynamics
- genome stability control
- molecular biology
- quantitative single cell analysis