Professor of Biochemistry and Biophysics
(PhD – University of Texas)
HONORS & AWARDS
- Pogue Fellowship for Scholarly Research: 2012
- Member NIH Neurodifferentiation, Plasticity, and Regeneration (NDPR) Study Section: 2013 – current
- Distinguished Investigator Award, National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression (NARSAD): 1999-2002
- NIH Research Career Development Award: 1988-1992
- Jefferson-Pilot Award in Academic Research: 1984
- Sullivan CS, Gotthard I, Wyatt EV, Bongu S, Mohan V, Weinberg, R, and Maness PF. Perineuronal Net Protein Neurocan Inhibits NCAM/EphA3 Repellent Signaling in GABAergic Interneurons Scientific Reports. 8:6143, 2018. PMID: 29670169.
- Neuronal Cell Adhesion Molecule 1 (NrCAM) is expressed by sensory cells in the cochlea and is necessary for proper cochlear innervation and sensory domain patterning during development. Harley RJ, Murdy JP, Wang, Z, Ropp RF, Park SH, Maness PF, Manis PB, and Coate TM. Developmental Dynamics, in press 2018. PMID:29536590.
- Temporal Regulation of Dendritic Spines through NrCAM-Semaphorin3F Receptor Signaling in Developing Cortical Pyramidal Neurons. Mohan, V, Sullivan CS, Guo J, Wade SD, Majumder S, Agarwal A, Anton ES, Temple BS, and Maness PF. Cerebral Cortex, 1-15, 2018. PMID: 29415226.
- Zhang X, Kratz MB, Sullivan CS, Maness PF*, Manis PB*. NCAM regulates the spatial organization of inhibitory interneuron synapses onto layer 2/3 pyramidal cells of anterior cingulate cortex. Frontiers in Neural Circuits. 11 (2017) 1-18. *equal contributors
- Sullivan CS, Kümper M, Temple BS, Maness PF. The Neural Cell Adhesion Molecule (NCAM) Promotes Clustering and Activation of EphA3 Receptors in GABAergic Interneurons to Induce Ras Homolog Gene Family Member Rho (RhoA)/Rho-associated protein kinase (ROCK)-mediated Growth Cone Collapse. Journal of Biological Chemistry. (2016) 291: 26262-26272. PMID: 27803162.
- Mohan,V, Demyanenko, GP, Zhang, X, Brennaman, LH, Dharbal KES, Tran TS, Manis PB, and Maness, PF. Neural cell adhesion molecule NrCAM regulates Semaphorin 3F-induced dendritic spine remodeling. Journal of Neuroscience. 34 (2014) 11274-87. PMCID: PMC4138338