Adult Nephrology Training Program
Welcome to UNC’s Adult Nephrology Training Program. We are excited for the opportunity to acquaint you with our various adult nephrology training opportunities. Here at UNC, the entire faculty and staff are committed to help you achieve excellence and success in your career. There is no distinction between public and private patients, between clinicians and laboratory investigators. We work as a team to advance the mission of the university and our patients. We are a public hospital where the lobby plaque says, “Built by and for the people of North Carolina.”
All fellows match into a clinical position, and selected individuals may qualify for the research training program
Our program supports J1 visa applications.
Please learn more about our program through this video:
Strengths of the UNC Kidney Center
- Outstanding clinical and research faculty genuinely dedicated to teaching.
- Our fellows show excellent esprit de corps. You will be working with great fellow colleagues.
- We have an outstanding track record of fellows securing their desired positions and career goals.
- Unparalleled training in glomerular diseases under the leadership of Ronald J. Falk and J. Charles Jennette.
- Rich clinical rotations covering the entire spectrum of clinical nephrology.
- An outpatient vascular access center.
- World-renowned Nephropathology Division
- Opportunity to train and collaborate with faculty from the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health.
Nephrology Training Program Directors and Staff
Associate Professor of Medicine
Director, Nephrology and Hypertension Training Program