Information for Current Mentors
Thank you for mentoring a medical student. We appreciate your time and effort.
If your student is participating in the Carolina Medical Student Research Program, we ask that you:
1. Remember: No mentor or research group may host more than two CMSRP students any given summer.
2. Remind the student that they are required to attend the events sponsored by the Office of Medical Student Research. These events are only required of students who pursue their project during the summer.
3. If necessary, assist the student through the IRB/IACUC process. All IRB/IACUC numbers and a copy of the approval letter must be submitted to the Office of Medical Student Research before the start of the student’s research project.
4. If the student’s project involves human subjects and if the project is not related to a federally funded project; an enrollment form must be submitted to the Office of Medical Student Research at the end of the research project. This is a stipulation of the NIH grant.
5. The final report submitted to the Office of Medical Student Research is submitted in a format of your choosing.
Please contact us with any concerns or questions.