Resources for grant preparation
Office of Research Grant Assistance
The OoR will help with multidisciplinary grant applications such as training grants, instrumentation grants, program projects, etc. We have some information we update annually that is available below. If you have questions, please feel free to contact , Trisha Dant, or .
- – a word document about SOM cores, basic science departments and centers. You can edit to use in the resources section of your application.
Training Grant Related
- – Clicking on this link will download an excel spreadsheet of the active NIH T32s at UNC. It includes all of the information needed to do Table 3 for T32 applications. Updated annually each Spring.
- T32 Department Information – Information for Table 1 with departmental information on the number of faculty, graduate students and postdocs. Please contact Carol Herion with appropriate lead to time to collect the relevant information for your proposal.
- T32 Tables – powerpoint presentation on the new T32 Tables issued in 2015. Some clarification notes and suggestions of where to get information for each table.
- T32 Institutional Support Letter– Please contact us for the template for the new information required in the NIGMS T32 Institutional Support Letter which outlines the excellent training environment and infrastructure that we have at UNC.
- Please see the BBSP website for additional resources that can be accessed for T32 proposal development.
- UNC SIG Awards past 5 years – an summary of the required information on all UNC SIG awards for the past 5 years is posted . Contact Jennifer Brennan or Trisha Dant if you have questions.
- NCBC has a list of Shared Research Facilities and Equipment that are open to researchers, including those outside of their home institutions.
SOM GUIDELINES FOR F&A DISTRIBUTION:
This is a flexible formula. Individual distributions can be agreed upon by units for individual projects and/or PIs.
50% – to the unit providing space
25% – to the unit responsible for salary
25% – to the unit providing administrative support
For any disputed cases the Vice Dean for Research will act as the Mediator.
Please refer to the Links page for other offices and resources for research infrastructure