Our Total Joint Team has years of experience replacing and repairing our patients’ arthritic hips and knees, with a high priority of returning each patient to a quality of life that meets and exceeds his or her expectations.
- Primary hip and knee replacement
- Hip and Knee Replacement in Active Individuals
- Partial Knee Replacement (medial, lateral and patellofemoral)
- Muscle-sparing Knee Replacement
- Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- Computer Assisted Surgery
- Patient-specific instrumentation and implants
We provided a coordinated-care approach to reduce your length of stay in the hospital, and accelerate post-operative rehabilitation to get you back active as soon as possible.
New State of the Art Facility
All of our joint replacement surgery is completed at our new state-of-the-art facility at the new UNC Hillsborough Hospital. Conveniently located at the intersections of I-85 and I-40:
Value Program Participation
We are committed to provider affordable, high quality care for our patients, and are currently participating in the following value-based healthcare programs:
- Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacements
- Medicare Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR)
In addition, to exception clinical care, our patients have access to participate in the latest advances in joint replacement techniques and innovations as participants in numerous clinical trials. Ask your orthopaedic surgeon about some of the latest techniques and innovations we are advancing at UNC.
Do you have upcoming Knee or Hip Replacement surgery?
Come meet the team that will be working with you after surgery.
Nursing, Therapy, and Care Management will be there to meet you and answer questions you may have.
Please join us for one of the following Tuesday sessions:
- CLASSES POSTPONED DURING STATE OF EMERGENCY
All classes are from 10:00AM -11:30AM at:
UNC Hospitals Hillsborough Campus
430 Waterstone Drive
Hillsborough, NC 27278
1st floor Administrative Conference Room
Refreshments will be served.
Family members are welcome to attend.
For any questions, or to RSVP for one of the sessions, please contact
Erica Gales at 984-215-3350 or Erica.Gales@unchealth.unc.edu