Acute Inpatient Rehab Center
New Acute Inpatient Rehab Center is now open
Our new rehab unit in Hillsborough has 40 spacious, all-private patient rooms. This inpatient facility is designed to provide top quality rehabilitative care within a patient- and family-centered environment. Other features include: a large interdisciplinary gym with open and natural lighting, incredible views of Hillsborough’s surrounding natural environment, a transitional living apartment, a family dining area and lounge, and recreational therapy spaces. The interdisciplinary health care team consists of rehabilitation physicians (physiatrists) and psychologists, as well as colleagues from other departments such as rehabilitation nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, recreational therapists, and clinical care managers. The center assists patients with a wide variety of diagnoses, conditions, and injuries. Our Hillsborough facility includes Virtual/Augmented Reality therapy, a Rehab Maker Space with 3-D printers, and the Hillsborough Hospitals’ Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. This new center is an ideal place for patients to improve their functional abilities so that they may return home and thrive in their community. Our Hillsborough hospital is close to UNC-Chapel Hill with easy access to I-40 and free parking!
In rehab, you will receive:
- 3 hours of personalized multidisciplinary therapy scheduled throughout the day, 5 days a week, to improve your function and independence. This may include physical, occupational, speech, and recreational therapy.
- Acute inpatient rehab stays are on average 14 days long. Family/Caregivers are trained to help with your expected home discharge.
- Care managers to help plan for your home and outpatient needs.
- 24/7 access to rehabilitation physicians, nurses, and specialists to care for your medical needs.
- Ongoing close coordination of care with your UNC physicians.
- Safety and security of receiving treatment inside a state-of-the-art hospital.
Why choose UNC Rehab?
- US News and World Report’s 2022-23 Best Hospitals for Rehabilitation
- CARF accreditation for general rehab and stroke designation
- 40 spacious, all-private new patient rooms
- A large state-of-the-art interdisciplinary gym
- A healing environment with open and natural lighting with incredible views of Hillsborough
- A transitional living apartment, a family dining area and lounge, and recreational therapy spaces
- Innovative technologies including Virtual/Augmented Reality spaces and a maker space with 3-D printers
- Access to the hospital’s Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- An outdoor recreational space
Download our Acute Inpatient Rehab flyer here.
Download flyer in Spanish here.
Hillsborough Campus Address:
430 Waterstone Dr, Hillsborough, NC 27278
For more information, please click here for the UNC Medical Center’s webpage for the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center.