Our overarching aspiration is to be the nation’s leading public school of medicine. Keeping that goal in mind, we embarked on a thorough year-long strategic planning process. After much input from faculty, staff, students, and other members of the School of Medicine community, we have identified six major focus imperatives that will help us reach our goal:
- Research that is highly innovative and aimed towards making a difference in our patients’ lives
- Education that prepares healthcare leaders of the future – in service to our state, nation and beyond
- Faculty that can thrive and make a difference in their chosen career paths
- Community service and impact at the state, national and global levels
- Diversity that reflects the populations we serve, embedded in a culture where all are included and can prosper
- An administrative infrastructure and staff that is empowered to fulfill UNC’s mission
Aligned with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s strategic framework, Blueprint for Next, our Strategic Plan aims to innovate the SOM to benefit and collaborate with the public.
On behalf of the UNC School of Medicine, we welcome your interest in the UNC School of Medicine’s Strategic Plan and any questions you may have.