Making an Appointment
UNC Plastic Surgery is a referral-based clinic. However, no referrals are needed for aesthetic surgery.
**ALL NEW PATIENT REFERRALS MUST BE FAXED TO (984) 215-6355.**
To cancel or reschedule an appointment call the UNC Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Clinic at 984-215-6350.
Pediatric Plastic Surgery
All Pediatric Plastic Surgery new patient appointments are scheduled through the Children’s Outpatient Specialty Clinic at 984-974-1401. All Pediatric Plastic Surgery patient referrals including provider notes must be faxed to Children’s Clinic Scheduling, 984-974-9608, or may be made electronically via Epic or Carelink. Verbal referrals may also be made by calling the Children’s Outpatient Specialty Clinic at 984-974-1401.
Please have the following information ready when making a new or return patient appointment:
- Name and address of the referring physician
- Correct spelling of patient’s full and legal name
- Patient’s date of birth
- Social security number and insurance information including the name of the insurance carrier, name of the policyholder (subscriber name), and the policy number
Patients need to bring to each appointment:
- UNC Patient identification number if it has been issued
- List of all medications
- All insurance information
The UNC Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Clinic accepts most insurance carriers. Patients without insurance should contact a Financial Counselor for information regarding payment. When the initial appointment is made they will be given the Financial Counselor’s name and telephone number. Payment plans are available and can be discussed with the Financial Counselor at the time of the visit.