News, Events, & Announcements
- The BRIC is proud to announce that faculty member Charlotte Boettiger has been awarded an ABMRF (The Foundation for Alcohol Research) grant! Dr. Boettiger facilitates the Cognition and Addiction Biopsychology Laboratory (CABLAB).
- Congratulations to BRIC faculty Pew-Thian Yap ("Yap") who has been appointed as a Senior Member of IEEE! Senior Member is the highest professional grade of IEEE, reflecting his outstanding professional accomplishments. Only 8% of ~420,000 IEEE members have achieved this level. Well done, Yap!
- Please join us on Thursday, March 21st for our annual BRIC-Radiology Research Day! For details, click here.
- We are very happy to announce that BRIC Professor Shawn D. Hingtgen, Ph.D. has received the UCRF Innovation Award!
"Our previous work has demonstrated that neural stem cell (NSC)-based therapies could effectively treat Glioblastoma, however limitations in clinically relevant sources NSCs has prevented the advancement of this approach. We proposed to use cutting-edge technology in cellular reprogramming to develop and assess a novel type of NSC derived from fibroblasts. The ultimate goal is to eventually allow the generation of personalized patient-specific NSC-based therapies for treatment of aggressive and deadly Glioblastoma."
- Exciting announcement! The BRIC is offering a Pilot Grant for research using the PET-MR scanner. Please click here for more information.
- We'd like to recognize BRIC faculty member Dr. Yen-Yu Shih for being awarded the Summa Cum Laude Merit Award for the 20th Annual ISMRM meeting! For his abstract entitled "Deep brain stimulation fMRI of the rat ventral posterior medial thalamus."
- The director of the BRIC, Dr. Weili Lin, has been elected to be a fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering! This is a big achievement for the BRIC. For more information about AIMBE, !