News, Events, & Announcements
- UPCOMING SEMINAR:
The coming animal imaging seminar will be focusing on microCT imaging. We will have the President of Scanco USA, Inc., Mr. Rasesh Kapadia, to talk about new developments on high resolution microCT imaging, including specimen CT imaging that can give down to 0.5 micron resolution, and other in vivo animal CT imaging updates. We will also hold a user group meeting right after the seminar. Anyone who has interests in microCT imaging or has questions regarding imaging instrument are welcome to attend the discussion. Below are the seminar details:
New developments in High-resolution MicroCT technology and analysis software
Date: Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013
Time: 1:00-2:00 PM
Speaker: Rasesh Kapadia, the President of Scanco USA, Inc.
Location: BRIC conference, (Medical Research D Building, BRIC Facility building)
User Group discussion
Time: 2:00-3:00 PM
(refreshments will be served)
- Dr. Pei Zhang, a postdoc in Dr. Yap's group, has received an honorable mention for the
Each year, the MICCAI conference presents a number of awards to graduate students and early career scientists for outstanding papers published at the MICCAI proceedings. These papers will initially be short-listed by the program committee and then considered by the awards committee. The winners will be selected based on reviews and oral/poster presentations at the conference.
P. Zhang, M. Niethammer, D. Shen, P.-T. Yap, “Large Deformation Diffeomorphic Registration of Diffusion-Weighted Images with Explicit Orientation Optimization,” Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI 2013), Nagoya, Japan, Sep. 22-26, 2013. (Acceptance Rate: 262 / 798 = 32.8%; Oral Presentation: 37 / 781 = 4.6%; MICCAI Young Scientist Award – Honorable Mention)
- Check out this adorable MRI instructional video for kids! Special Thanks to Juanita Ramirez, the sensational Gia, and our Human Imaging Techs: Amber Leinwand, Emilie Kearns, Hannah McNamara, and Meagan Shepherd!
- Please join us for the Inaugural Dixie Lee Boney Soo, MD Lecture on Wednesday, August 28 from 11:00-12:00 in Bondurant Hall G100. Bruce L. Miller, MD, the Center Director from the University of California - San Francisco's Memory and Aging Center will be presenting a lecture titled "Advances in Frontotemporal Dementia." For more information, see the flyer here!
- Dr. Amy Oldenburg, currently a Senior Member of SPIE, has now also been awarded the title of Senior Member of OSA! This is a great honor for Dr. Oldenburg and for the BRIC. Senior Members as OSA are recognized for their significant experience and professional accomplishments. Congratulations, Amy!
- Dr. Wei Gao has been awarded a FOH (Foundation of Hope for Research and Treatment of Mental Illness) grant to explore the abnormal functional brain development associated with genetic high-risk of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia during infancy. Dr. Gao leads the Functional Brain Imaging Lab in the BRIC. Congratulations, Wei!
- The BRIC is proud to announce that faculty member Charlotte Boettiger has been awarded an ABMRF (The Foundation for Alcohol Research) grant! Dr. Boettiger facilitates the Cognition and Addiction Biopsychology Laboratory (CABLAB).