The University consistently applies the SPA recruitment and selection process to promote open and fair competition to select from the most qualified persons to fill vacant positions. Selection decisions will be based solely on job-related criteria. Employment is offered based upon the job-related qualifications of applicants for employment using fair and valid selection criteria and upon satisfactory completion of all relevant reference checking, criminal conviction checking, credentials verification, and verification of eligibility to work in the United States.
- PeopleAdmin Position Posting Worksheet - initiate recruitment for University Posting in People Admin
- Posting Requirements
- - prior to recommendation for employment
- - employment of relatives
- Background Check Policy for SPA and EPA Non-Faculty - purpose, definitions, applicability, timing & scope, procedure, requirement to disclose convictions and confidentiality, decision-making authority, consideration and assessment of prior criminal convictions, convictions determined to adversely affect appointment eligibility, NC Drivers License check
- Authorization Form to conduct a pre-employment Background check for selected candidates as a condition of employment.
- [PDF - Revised 3/23/12] - SPA Permanent, Faculty, EPA Non-Faculty, and SPA Direct Hire Temps
- - Hiring Policy, Additional Employment Policy, Independent Contractors, Types of SPA Appointments, Secondary Employment Policy, etc.
- Electronic I-9 System - How to Process an I-9 through the LawLogix system
- for direct department hires - appointment types, hiring process, offering employment, wage-hour administration, termination, etc.
- - policies and information that apply to temporary employees at UNC CH and must be provided to them upon employment.
New Hire Confidentiality Statements
- SOM Confidentiality Statement - to be signed by all new and returning SOM employees (SPA, EPA, permanent, and temporary)