The UNC MSTAR Program Information and Orientation
“I really enjoyed being part of the MSTAR program and am very glad that I chose to participate at UNC. I found my research exciting and the clinical rotations immensely useful. My mentor was wonderful and the staff/faculty coordinating MSTAR clearly care about MSTAR students.” – MSTAR alum
Below is an outline of UNC MSTAR Program Information. Follow each link to learn more.
- Program Duration
- Student Scholar Stipend
- Applications for summer of 2024
- Deadline: January 22, 2024 at 8:00 am EST
- After this date you will not be able to submit your application, whether or not it is complete.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Contacting Your Mentor
- Familiarization with the Project
- Create a Research Plan & Calendar
- Background Check
- NC TraCS Free Online Research Training
- Program Orientation
- ID Cards
- Medical Campus Tour
- Gym Membership (approx $45 pr/mo)
- Keys & Workspace
- Benefits & Options
- Site Data/Maps
- A sample of UNC MSTAR educational sessions
Still have questions? Contact MSTAR@med.unc.edu for additional MSTAR Program Information.