The Department of Allied Health Sciences includes the following committees: Academic affairs (AAC), curriculum affairs, appeals, chair’s advisory, distance education, space advisory committee, appointments and promotions committee, admissions committee and clinical coordinators.
Academic affairs (AAC):
- Meets as needed to review and approve course changes to the curricula within Allied Health Sciences programs. This committee is also charged with assuring that policies affecting students are in place for all divisions and provided to students in a timely manner.
- Meets as needed to review student appeals related to grades, probationary status, or dismissal decisions.
- Meets ten times a year to provide the department chair with division updates, development initiatives, and communication strategies supporting the mission and strategic plan of the department.
Space advisory committee
- Meets monthly to discuss space needs of the department (offices, labs, research) and how to efficiently utilize the space allocated to DAHS.
Appointments and promotions committee:
- Meets monthly to provide a recommendation to the chair and vote on faculty appointments, reappointments, and promotions.
- Meets annually to discuss successes and challenges faced by divisions during the admissions process.
Financial aid committee:
Diversity and Inclusion
Interprofessional Education (IPE)