Make a Gift to UNC Family Medicine
Our goal at UNC Family Medicine is to transform our health care system. As one of the top family medicine departments in the nation, we are working hard to do just that. We will continue to move forward with clinical innovations, world class medical education, leading residency and fellowship training programs, and research that is paving the way to a national transformation in health care. Your financial support is invaluable as we work to achieve this goal. Thank you for considering a gift to UNC Family Medicine.
Some of the meaningful funds that benefit most from your support:
- The Family Medicine Fund: our most flexible fund, which can benefit efforts in any facet that is needed as timing calls for.
- The Family Medicine Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Fund: funding to train staff, provide resources devoted to research in improving current inequities, and enable inclusive outreach to our community and state.
- The Family Medicine Residents Fund: supports learning efforts for our fantastic residents.
- The Faculty Development Fellowship Fund: supports the faculty development fellowship program at UNC, which has graduated over 500 academic family physicians, many of who are leaders in their field. Supporting the program ensures its longevity and enables the provision of scholarships.
- The Tobacco Treatment and Weight Management Program Fund: supports efforts in patient-centered, compassionate, evidence-based care helping patients with their tobacco addiction and weight management.
- UNC Family Medicine FIT Program Fund: supports Community Health Workers (CHWs) who connect recently released people with chronic disease, mental illness, and/or substance use disorder to appropriate health care services and actualize a comprehensive reentry plan working with local reentry partners.
- The Family Medicine Research Gift Fund: supports pilot projects, supplementary funding to complete or expand existing projects, and other needs in our research areas of excellence: Health Equity, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, and Organization, Financing, and Delivery of Care.
How can I support Family Medicine?
You may make a secure donation online by credit card by selecting the button below.Make a Gift to Family Medicine
Mail a Gift
To mail a gift, make your check out to UNC Family Medicine and mail it to:
UNC Health Foundation
123 W. Franklin Street, Suite 510
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
*If you have a specific Family Medicine fund in mind, please note in the memo section of your check.
Assistant to the Vice Chair of Administration
Phone: (984) 974-4463
Learn more about how your gift makes a difference:
Current faculty member and Family Medicine Residency alumni Michael Baca-Atlas, MD, chats about how donations to the residency program made a real difference on his learning experience:
Our Fully Integrated Readiness for Service Training (FIRST) Program is made possible through giving. The program allows participants to complete medical school in 3 years and places graduates into UNC’s Family Medicine Residency Program, fast-tracking them into service in under-served areas of North Carolina.
The UNC Faculty Development Fellowship is an intensive experience that includes 6 weeks in residence in Chapel Hill, NC spread over the course of the year. It is designed for early career faculty members within the first 3-5 years of a faculty role. Much of the program, including scholarships for faculty participants, is due to gifts to Family Medicine. Hear from the 2018 Family Medicine Faculty Development Fellows: