High Risk GI Cancer Conditions
The UNC high-risk gastrointestinal cancer clinic provides collaborative care delivered by a cross-disciplinary team for patients and families with a family history of gastrointestinal cancer and possible hereditary gastrointestinal cancer syndrome.
- Providers: Julianne O’Daniel
- Staff: Heather Solender
We specialize in working with patients who may be at increased risk of gastrointestinal cancer, including those with:
- more than 10 colon polyps in their lifetime
- a personal or family history of cancer or polyps before the age of 50
- more than one type of cancer diagnosis
- a second diagnosis of the same cancer
A visit to our clinic will include:
- A detailed medical and family history
- A discussion of important issues such as what to do with your genetic and family history information and who to tell
- If necessary, assistance in follow up or records acquisition
- Genetic testing, if indicated
- A personalized screening or care plan tailored to your individual needs
We understand that every person’s situation is unique. Our goal is to empower you and your family with the information you need in a compassionate setting, providing peace of mind.