The UNC Liver center is proud to provide multidisciplinary care to patients with all types of acute and chronic liver disease. Our team consists of six full time M.D. hepatologists, three advanced practice providers, and a liver specialized clinical psychologist. We have specialized clinics for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, viral hepatitis, liver transplantation and hepatocellular carcinoma. Additionally we have multiple outreach clinics throughout the state including locations in Raleigh, Greeneville, Wilmington, and Asheville.
- Liver transplant evaluation
- Viral hepatitis therapy
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC-Liver cancer) care
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- Non-invasive assessment of liver disease severity (Vibration Controlled Transient Elastography/Fibroscan)
- Multiple clinical trial opportunities in NAFLD, HCC, Drug Induced Liver Injury, and cirrhosis related palliative care
- Liver related clinical psychology for coping with disease and adherence with lifestyle/ medical therapy