Adult Nephrology Training Program
Welcome to the UNC Kidney Center! We are excited to have the opportunity to acquaint you with training opportunities at UNC. Please feel free to contact us if we can be of assistance. Rochelle Moser is our Training Program Coordinator and will be happy to assist you.
We are honored to be ranked Best in State for Adult Nephrology Hospitals in North Carolina in the 2016 US News & World Report.
If you decide to rank UNC and match in our program, know that the entire faculty and staff are committed to help you achieve excellence and success in your career. Learn more about our faculty.
All fellows match into a clinical position, and selected individuals may qualify for the research training program.
Our program supports J1 visa applications.
Please learn more about our program through this video:
Strengths of the UNC Kidney Center
- Outstanding clinical and research faculty genuinely dedicated to teaching.
- Our fellows show excellent esprit de corps. You will be working with great fellow colleagues.
- We have an outstanding track record of fellows securing their desired positions and career goals.
- Unparalleled training in glomerular diseases under the leadership of Ronald J. Falk and J. Charles Jennette.
- Rich clinical rotations covering the entire spectrum of clinical nephrology.
- An outpatient vascular access center.
- World-renowned Nephropathology Division
- Opportunity to train and collaborate with faculty from the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health.
There is no distinction between public and private patients, between clinicians and laboratory investigators. We work as a team to advance the mission of the university and our patients. We are a public hospital where the lobby plaque says, “Built by and for the people of North Carolina.”
|Koyal Jain, MD, MPH, FASN
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Program Director, Nephrology Training Program
|Cindy Denu-Ciocca, MD
Professor of Medicine
Medical Director, Carolina Dialysis Pittsboro
Associate Program Director, Nephrology Training Program
|Gerald Hladik, MD
Doc J Thurston Distinguished Professor of Medicine
Chief, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension