IMGV for Chronic Pain – Week 6
Our Bodies and Inflammation
In this session, we will talk about developing a more effective response to stress, calling upon awareness of habitual patterns and behaviors. Participants are introduced to how inflammation affects health, with an emphasis on the connection to chronic pain. We will also be leading a longer sitting meditation, which will allow you to practice more deeply on your own.
Daily Life Practice
- Bring awareness to moments of reacting and explore options for responding with greater mindfulness. Remember to use the breath as an anchor. It’s a way to increase your awareness of your usual habits and to slow down to make more conscious choices.
- Fill out the Challenging Communications Chart.
- Alternate practicing the body scan meditation and yoga, 6 out of 7 days.
- Practice meditation, 6 out of 7 days.
- Awareness of Breath Meditation
- Body Scan Meditation