Encompass: First Episode Psychosis
Provide exceptional care and treatment to people experiencing First Episode Psychosis.
Encompass aims to provide exceptional care and treatment to adolescents and young adults from 15-30 years of age with recent onset psychosis, or individuals at risk for psychosis in Wake County and beyond. State of the art recovery-based services are utilized to achieve optimal recovery outcomes and prevent relapse. We believe the future continues to be bright for our adolescents and young adults. That is why we also support our clients at work, school, and in relationships; work with their family and friends; and promote recovery and relapse-prevention.
Don’t wait. Help is at your fingertips.
Many individuals with symptoms of recent onset psychosis try to wait it out and hope that life will soon return to normal. But without the appropriate help early on, psychosis can get worse. At UNC Wake Encompass, we know from experience that if individuals get the help they need when psychosis first hits, they’ll have a better chance at getting on with their lives.
Through a collaborative team-based approach Encompass supports the individual and their family using a recovery-based approach to engender hope, promote healing and achieve life goals. Our focus is on recovery and relapse prevention. Working closely together, our expert psychiatrists, social workers, and mental health professionals provide our clients with:
- Psychiatric and psychosocial assessments
- Individual and group therapy
- Family therapy
- Support groups such as art therapy, multi family and social skills
- Assertive outreach and crisis services
- Peer Support services
- Supported Employment and Education Services delivered using the IPS model. Individual Placement and Support (IPS) is an evidenced based model of supported employment proven to increase employment outcomes.
Care you can trust.
The Encompass clinic is a coordinated specialty care clinic. Utilizing a team approach, we provide a unique grant funded program that offers wrap-around services to a diverse population of clientele from various socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Encompass has provided supports to hundreds of community members to promote a healthy recovery.
- All clients are offered certified peer support services.
- All clients are offered individualized employment and education services based on the evidence based IPS model.
- We maintain a client employment rate higher than the national average. It is currently the highest of any FEP clinic in the state. At this time, 68% of our clients are employed while 30% are pursuing education goals.
With support from SAMSHA, the North Carolina Department of Mental Health, and Alliance Behavior Healthcare, we serve residents within a 60 minute radius of Raleigh. Consultations available beyond this range.
Encompass Social Group
Wednesdays | 3:30-5:00
Located at Encompass office in Raleigh
The Encompass Social Group encourages and guides attendees into making new social connections, learning new social skills and having fun. This group is for Encompass clients only.
Location: 401 E. Whitaker Mill Road, Raleigh, NC. 27608
919-445-0401: For more information or to make a referral.
984-974-4800: Crisis and assessment services are available 24 hours a day at Wake Brook Crisis and Assessment.
For all new referrals, please use the appropriate referral form listed below, and fax to 919-445-0835 addressing to the attention of ‘Referrals’. Our referral specialist will contact you within 72 business hours to conduct pre-screening for program eligibility. If you are a provider, and are unsure about whether to request a consult or make a referral, please contact 919-445-0838.
Internal Referral (from UNC Hospitals/Healthcare providers and their affiliates: Wakebrook, Rex Hospitals, etc.)
- Self or Family Referral
- Release of Medical Information (please use the form if you are an outside provider, and have all previous records sent to the ENCOMPASS program at the fax number listed above)
If you are experiencing a financial hardship surrounding affording the cost of treatment, our staff will provide financial counseling and referrals for assistance on an as needed basis.
We are in-network with most insurance plans.