Trevor G. Hackman, MD and Adam M. Zanation, MD
Number of Positions
Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery:
- Adam M. Zanation, MD, Assistant Professor, Fellowship Co-Director, Director, Head and Neck Robotics Program
- MD: UNC-Chapel Hill. Residency: UNC-Chapel Hill. Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh.
- Fellowship trained in open and endoscopic skull base surgery, specialization in sinonasal tumors, CSF rhinorrhea, parotid tumors, frontal sinus
- Trevor G. Hackman, MD, Assistant Professor, Fellowship Co-Director.
- MD: University of Pittsburgh. Residency: University of Pittsburgh. Fellowship: Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
- Fellowship trained in Transoral Laser Microscopy (TLM) and microvascular reconstructive surgery, specialization in endocrine surgery, head and neck oncology, open skull base surgery.
- Mark C. Weissler, MD, Professor, Chief of the Division of Head and Neck Oncology
- MD: Boston University. Residency: Harvard University. Fellowship: University of Cincinnati.
- Fellowship trained in laser ablation in head and neck surgery, specialization in voice disorders, laryngeal and tracheal stenosis, and skull base cancer.
- William W. Shockley, MD, Professor, Chief of the Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- MD: Indiana University. Residency: University of Cincinnati. Fellowship: Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis.
- Fellowship trained in head and neck oncology, specialization in all types of facial reconstruction and cosmetic surgery.
- Carol G. Shores, MD, PhD, Associate Professor.
- Residency: UNC-Chapel Hill
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Surgery of the Hand:
- Eric G. Halvorson, MD, Assistant Professor
- Kamil Erfanian, MD, Assistant Professor
Applicant eligibility for the Head and Neck Surgical Oncology Fellowship Program is contingent upon completion of an ACGME-accredited residency program in Otolaryngology, General Surgery or Plastic Surgery or fulfillment of the requirements necessary to sit for the certification examination of the American Board of Surgery, Otolaryngology, or Plastic Surgery.
This position is contingent upon having an unrestricted NC Medical License, UNC Hospitals credentialing as an Otolaryngologist, and DEA License prior to starting the fellowship. You will be assisted in obtaining these requirements by UNC Department of Otolaryngology Human Resources personnel.
The fellow will be appointed from July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012 at the level of "Clinical Fellow" in the Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. This level of appointment allows for full credentialing at Attending level at UNC.
Salary will be paid at PGY6 UNC Resident Level and standard benefits will be provided (healthcare, etc.) An academic fund for travel and research will be provided. Vacation will be three weeks per year with provisions for academic conferences, presentations and boards. Call will be at an attending level within the Department.
At present, this fellowship is not accredited through The American Head & Neck Society.
- Advanced head and neck oncologic surgery
- Open and endoscopic skull base surgery
- Robotic surgery (TORS)
- Transoral laser microsurgery (TLM) of the aerodigestive tract
- Microvascular and regional reconstructive techniques
- Endocrine surgery including in-office ultrasonography
Requirements for Appointment:
- Board eligible/Board certified Otolaryngologist
- Valid North Carolina state medical license
- Ability to begin July 1st
- Position of Clinical Fellow
- Salary commensurate with PGY-6 level
- Standard medical, disability, and malpractice
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Availability and support to present research at national meetings
- Educational Fund
- Accepting applications for 2011 and 2012
- Interview schedule is flexible
For more information, please contact:
Adam M. Zanation, MD; or Trevor G. Hackman, MD
Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
Division of Head and Neck Oncology
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7070
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Administrative Assistant: Jonna Apple: 919.843.3627 | Fax: 919.966.7941