Our Graduate Program is dedicated to the training of outstanding scientists in the pharmacological sciences.
An outstanding graduate program is a high priority of our department, and the training faculty participate fully at all levels. Our department ranks consistently in the highest levels of NIH funding for pharmacology departments nationwide and a great diversity of research areas is available to trainees. more
UNC's Department of Pharmacology ranks #3rd globally according to U.S. News & World Report's Best Global Universities 2014 report.
The Department of Pharmacology ranked #4 in the nation in its field in NIH research funding in 2013.
- Our Global Science Ranking: #3 in the World
U.S. News & World Report has published their first ever
Best Global Universities, ranking 500 institutions from 49
countries. UNC Pharmacology and Toxicology ranked #3
in the world!
- Carolina Summer Fellows 2015 Start Research Projects May 26, 2015
- Dr. James Bradner Presents 20th Avery Steelman Lecture May 21, 2015
- Kathy Justice, Student Services Manager, Retires May 14, 2015
- A BRAIN Initiative first: new tool can switch behavior ‘on’ and ‘off’ May 01, 2015
- Patrick McCarter Highlighted in Vital Signs Apr 24, 2015
Congratulations to Bryan Roth, MD, PhD, on being elected to the Institute of Medicine. Election to the IOM is considered one of the highest honors in the fields of health and medicine and recognizes individuals who have demonstrated outstanding professional achievement and commitment to service. SOM News article
- Upcoming Events
- Special Event: 2015 Innovations in Biological Computation Symposium Oct 27, 2015 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM — Location TBD