Our Graduate Program is dedicated to the training of outstanding scientists in the pharmacological sciences.
An outstanding graduate program is a high priority of our department, and the training faculty participate fully at all levels. Our department ranks consistently in the highest levels of NIH funding for pharmacology departments nationwide and a great diversity of research areas is available to trainees. more
UNC's Department of Pharmacology ranks #3rd globally according to U.S. News & World Report's Best Global Universities 2014 report.
The Department of Pharmacology ranked #4 in the nation in its field in NIH research funding in 2013.
- Our Global Science Ranking: #3 in the World
U.S. News & World Report has published their first ever
Best Global Universities, ranking 500 institutions from 49
countries. UNC Pharmacology and Toxicology ranked #3
in the world!
- Two Song Lab Members Profiled on LabTV Sep 30, 2015
- Leanna Gentry Receives Her PhD! Sep 10, 2015
- Kimberly Maxfield Receives Her PhD! Jul 24, 2015
- Carolina Summer Fellows 2015 Present Research Projects Jul 22, 2015
- Arlene Sandoval Inducted into Carolina 20-Year Society Jul 09, 2015
Congratulations to Klaus Hahn, PhD, for publications in Nature, Labelling and optical erasure of synaptic memory traces in the motor cortex ,and Cell, An Autism-Linked Mutation Disables Phosphorylation Control of UBE3A.
- Upcoming Events
- Seminar presented by Dr. Stephan Schurer, Univ. of Miami Oct 13, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics
- Seminar presented by Dr. Ji Luo, NIH/NCI Oct 20, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics
- Special Event: 2015 Innovations in Biological Computation Symposium Oct 27, 2015 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics
- Student Invited Luminary Distinguised Speaker, Dr. Jeffrey A. Engelman, Harvard Nov 03, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics