Welcome to the Pharmacology Department! Our Graduate Program is dedicated to the training of outstanding scientists in the pharmacological sciences. An outstanding graduate program is a high priority of our department, and the training faculty participate fully at all levels. Our department ranks consistently in the highest levels of NIH funding for pharmacology departments nationwide and a great diversity of research areas is available to trainees. more
The Department of Pharmacology ranked 4th in the nation in its field in NIH research funding in 2013.
Our pharmacology program is ranked 3rd in the world as ranked by US News & World Report in 2014.
- Victor Perez and David Smalley Receive Staff Excellence Awards Dec 19, 2014
- Students Receive Collum Butler Award and Pharmacology Scholars Awards Dec 18, 2014
- Denis Tsygankov Receives UNC Junior Faculty Development Award Dec 17, 2014
- Graduate Student Orrin Stone Highlighted in Vital Signs Article: "Platform for Proteins" Dec 11, 2014
- Pharmacology Celebrates Bryan Roth's Election to Institute of Medicine Nov 10, 2014
Congratulations to Bryan Roth, MD, PhD, on being elected to the Institute of Medicine. Election to the IOM is considered one of the highest honors in the fields of health and medicine and recognizes individuals who have demonstrated outstanding professional achievement and commitment to service. SOM News article