Welcome to the Pharmacology Department! Our Graduate Program is dedicated to the training of outstanding scientists in the pharmacological sciences. An outstanding graduate program is a high priority of our department, and the training faculty participate fully at all levels. Our department ranks consistently in the highest levels of NIH funding for pharmacology departments nationwide and a great diversity of research areas is available to trainees. more
The Department of Pharmacology ranked 4th in the nation in its field in NIH research funding in 2013.
- Pharmacology Hosts Harden Symposium to Honor T. Kendall Harden Oct 23, 2014
- UNC researchers receive $2.85-million NIH BRAIN Initiative grant Oct 02, 2014
- Ernesto Perez-Chanona Receives his PhD! Sep 19, 2014
- Bryan Roth and Gary Johnson Awarded NIH Grants From the NIH Illuminating the Druggable Genome Initiative Sep 10, 2014
- Splicing Balance Keeps Cell in Harmony Sep 10, 2014
Congratulations to Bryan Roth, MD, PhD, on being elected to the Institute of Medicine. Election to the IOM is considered one of the highest honors in the fields of health and medicine and recognizes individuals who have demonstrated outstanding professional achievement and commitment to service. SOM News article